Thursday, March 24, 2005

Yahoo!

I just got a job offer! No, make that 2! Ha! Ha! I'm so happy I can't stop laughing. I can't even stop thinking about it. In fact, I wonder if I should go buy something for myself even if I am already broke for this month.

Now why in the world would I get a job offer? Nope, I wasn't head hunted. I looked for it, and why would I want to do that? Okay, before I elaborate any further... let me tell you a little bit more about what I do.

I'm currently working as an Office Administrator in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) company manufacturing alkaline water for drinking. Wait, hear me out... alkaline water is not battery water! It's just drinking water that has a higher pH of about 9.5 and drinking it will help to neutralize the acidic wastes that's in your body. Plus, the water is ionized and electrolyzed so you get minerals that are bursting with oxygen. The Health Promotion Board has also certified it "Healthier Choice" with the pyramid logo.

So anyway, I'm happy working in my current company. I get to do recruitment, I prepare salary slips. I get to do sales and I also get to do administrative work. Overall company sales has been picking up but it's moving slow. So since January 2005, my boss has decided to cut all employees' leaves. He even raised my colleague's pay to S$1600.00 from S$1500.00 so that she is not protected under the Ministry of Manpower and is not entitled to annual leave! And if that's not bad enaugh, my boss also decided to deduct 1 full day of our salary even when we take only ½ a day's annual leave. Today, he even instructed us to clear off all our personal stuff from our chests of drawers! How absurd is that? Where am I supposed to keep my wallet, my belongings?

So anyway... that's why I went a look, look, looking for a job. I have been controlling all this while. The other day, my boss shouted at me for something which wasn't my fault but I beared with it but I just cannot take it anymore. I mean, deducting our salaries for taking leave? Asking us to empty our things from our drawers? Wah! Which siao (crazy in Hokkien) employer does that?

I know I should be happy with the news that I have 2 job offers but I'm so in a dilemma now. I don't know which company to work with. Both seem attractive, both seems nice. Hmm... should I go for the small company or the big one? I really don't know... *sigh* No job, lots of problems. Have job, also problems.

1 comment:

Butter Pecan Candie said...

can go big company...cos it's more stable...but means, they have probably no chance of advancing n u have a lot more ppl to compete with.

or go small company, might chap lap(touch wood lah) but has high percentage of becoming big and famous and you getting promoted

so how?

i say go for the boss who treats u go

not chi ko pek
but good

and good colleagues
not bitches (like ur ex pico company)
and not idiots (which u must do all the work)

so how?
i suggest, you go 1 week this company, 1 week that company

then, decide on ur own

ahh..smart right?

but also very absurd

HAHAHHAAHAHA
how also, after my nonsense bragging, u have to decide on ur own

kolian

u wasted around 3 minutes reading this stupid comment

HAHAHAHAHA


good luck