Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Die Eating

One of life's pleasures is eating. I enjoy life because I love to eat. I eat when I’m happy, sad, gloomy, watching a movie, out with friends, hungry and sometimes I eat even when I’m already full. There’s nothing quite like tasting & licking the food, slowly crushing and grinding it with your teeth then swallowing every bit/ fat/ crumb until you feel it ooze down your throat. Ahh… pure bliss!

I used to exercise but these days, I’m lazy. I don’t exercise anymore. I just watch what I eat. I mean, I cut down on rice. When I other chap fan (plain rice served with a few Chinese-style cooked meats & vegetables), I only finish ½ the rice. The other half, I leave for the pigeons or swallows if they’re craving for it.

In Singapore, you should never order dishes without rice. Why? You know that you’re not going to eat it and will be wasting it anyway. The reason is simple. Singapore hawkers charge you even more for what you’re buying even if it was the same as you would with rice. It’s crazy, I know. Don’t ask me. It’s how them weirdos hawker think.

I know my topic for today is “Die Eating”. I don’t mean that I would like to die from eating. I think it’d be horrible to die from choking on your food or whilst some fat bastard performs Heimlich on you with his hands on your breasts instead of the stomach. What I mean though is that I wish that I could eat everything and anything I wanted before I died.

I mean, if I’m an 80-year old and waiting for time… I wouldn’t watch what I eat just because it’s not healthy. Damn it, I’d whack anything that smells good! I wish I had a body with a high metabolic rate. Then I could eat all day and not put on an ounce.

Ying’s going to comment that my blog is boring because I’m talking about food again. Well… it’s what keeps us going, dear sister! If you don’t like eating that much… I wish you to be re-born as a car in your next life. All you ever eat is Petrol. Yuck!

1 comment:

Jack Lysaght said...

Hi Ying
i love reading about food. you know what one guy did? he photographed every single thing he ate for one year. He is now publishing a book based on it - very interesting. maybe you could do something similar?