Saturday, March 05, 2005

Family's Wok

A few of us cousins met up for dinner tonight and it was a more than a satisfactory experience! We went to this place (address below) along North Bridge Road which was adjacent to Jalan Sultan and just after Aliwal Street. It's a pretty new and clean place. I notice that there are not many patrons but I decided to give the place a try because the picture of the Pork Knuckle looks yummy!

We went in and were very nicely greeted by the waitresses. Most of them are from China but not the cute, teenage girls you get in KTVs so don't bother going if you're looking forward to those. You have got to order the Pork Knuckle! It is their signature dish. And it was beea-u-ti-ful! The dishes came in a few minutes. Probably due to the fact that it was low traffic.

However, the Pork Knuckle that they first served us was a little bit cold. Probably left at the counter for too long when the China girls went to the toilet to comb their hairs and powder their already white faces with more white chalk.

So I, being the daring and loud person that I always am... called upon the waitress and complained about it in a very polite way. Yeah... right! A complain never comes out sweet eh? So anyway... we were happily gorging in the rest of the dishes when the chef/owner of the restaurant came out with a new dish of Pork Knuckle and presented it to us... piping hot and crispy and totally complimentary!

Man... This is what I call service! The food was good but even if it wasn't, I'd drag my lazy ass back there just to support the old man. Oh, by the way... according to my cousin CC: I find him quite cute! which the rest of us totally disagree. Well you know what they say, To Each His (or her in this case) Own.

I was very pleased and amazed at the level of service I got from this little shop because you just don't find that anymore in Singapore. So to food-lovers and Pork Knuckle enthusiasts out there, I say give this place a try. And give me your comments if you do!

Family's Wok
774/776 North Bridge Road, Singapore 198742
Tel: 67449976
Fax: 68440602
Email: famlywok@singnet.com.sg
Business Hours: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. (Closed on Monday)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAH LAU EH!!!! u ah.....really polishing cheet ah....wat about me? hahaha...ppl born on 19th march are very cute? yuck no...sweet? cheet says so but NO!!! tall!!! n look good in anything u let me wear...hahahaha

ok ok..ppl born on april 5th are SEXY...cheerful, bubbly, mischievious, BIG breasted...lively, daring, outgoing, smart n dangerous...

hahahahha....is my polishing good enuf for u?

Butter Pecan Candie said...

wei.....why family's wok no comment one? anyway, next time i go, dun have to bring me there cos....i dunno.....the sound of it doesn't interest me and YES, i know what it is......i'm not THAT suaku..but i dun like......thank u

u very hao lian ah

got blog

come here
http://www.buterpecandie.blogspot.com/
that's mine

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Butter Pecan Candie said...

WOW!!!! wat can i say?! ah wong ko's BLOG SO NICE!!!!!! i feel like small kid

hahahahaha

he's is like.........REAL

hahahaha

i feel like a loser

urs too

we both losers

sad sad


i wanna go tiao lao liao

Butter Pecan Candie said...

i want more blogs......more postings....dun keep quiet.....come on....i'm ur most loyal supporter...must make me happy