Friday, March 25, 2005

Horror Movie Rocks!

I'm a sucker for horror movies. I get scared, my imaginations run wild but I just love frightening myself. The thrill in watching horror movies is the suspense you get waiting… and waiting… for the character’s very next move.

I went to watch a midnight horror movie The Eye 10 with boyfriend Shin. He’s terrified of horror movies. Whenever I watch one at home on the TV, he would run away from me. When I drag him and place him right beside me on the couch, he’d tell me that he’s hungry and go whip up some food even if it means adding on another 50 calories to his super fit and slim body which he involves a lot of effort in maintaining.

So why accompany me for the horror movie, you ask? It’s because little boyfriend here decides that it’s time he spent some time with me after a hectic week at work. It’s his way of “re-paying” my kindness for not complaining or sulking (for once!) about his busy schedule.

Before we even bought the tickets, I checked with boyfriend many times and always got the same answer: It’s okay. He also did add that he would regret this day for the rest of his life. Still, he insisted that he accompanied me as I have always been there for him whether or not it’s comedy, Japanese anime, action or war films.

I went in to the cinema feeling pretty excited. Shin was not in the least bit interested. He just acted cool… Finally, the movie started. It was pretty suspenseful. I was gripping my fists and biting my lips. There was a part of the movie where I even jumped up. Oops! I think I didn’t. I think I grabbed Shin’s arm instead. hehe Well, it was quite a loud scene. These movies always use the “sound” technique to scare the audience. They play really loud music to jolt even the dead awake from six feet under.

Not even 10 minutes were we into the movie when Shin fall asleep. As usual… he has found another way of avoiding watching another horror movie with me. *sigh* So I finished the watching movie alone. It was more funny than scary. I’d say that it’s good entertainment but if you want something really scary, go catch Shutter. That one totally freaked me out…

No comments: