Saturday, March 05, 2005

Anatolia Turkish Restaurant

Most of my blogs will be on food & restaurants as I enjoy eating. We went to another interesting place today. My cousin CC suggested a Turkish restaurant in Fast East Plaza. It's not the expensive restaurant kind of place so just a few bucks will suffice. It's damn difficult to locate the place though because the numbers of the shops in Far East Plaza are all over the place. They don't go in order. So my suggestion is you take the stairs which is right outside This Fashion. Then, you turn left and walk all the way. It's right at the end.

All I had was a Doner Chicken & and Orange juice. You can either have the Doner Chicken with bread or pancake. The pancake is those "wrap" thingies like Chinese Poh Piah except that the skin is a lot thicker. It's quite yummy. Very affordable too. It was S$5.50 for a Chicken Doner (they don't call it Kebab, I don't know why. I tried asking the Cashier and he just shot me a [blank] look) and it's rather big too. My boyfriend CS and I shared it. The filling is interesting. It consists of chicken meat (marinated in some tomato & a little of chilli) and French fries! I like French fries but McDonald's has never added it into their burgers before so it was a real treat for me.

The salad is S$3 and you can get as much as you want in a tiny salad bowl but... there's no second helping. So my advice is to try and stuff as much as you can into the bowl. However, I didn't like the salad. It was very sour because of the kind of yoghurt that they use. Let's move on to something more interesting.

Ice-Cream! Yummy... It wasn't as if the ice-cream is very good. Nothing as rich as Movénpick but I liked it because of the action that came with it. They have 3 flavours in 3 big drums. Using a long spatula... they scoop the ice-cream on the cone and perform a sort of dance before they hand it over to you and when they do, they pretend to drop the ice-dream and give you a shock. The whole ice-cream experience is just unique. Even if you don't like ice-creams, you gotta just try this for the fun of it. The ice-cream is pretty milky and quite sticky. I don't really like it but as I said... it's the value-added-services that come with it that I enjoy!

Here's the address of the restaurant if you wanna try it out. Do leave me your comments when you've visited the outlet:

Anatolia Turkish Restaurant
14 Scotts Road, #02-58/59 Far East Plaza, Singapore 228213
Tel: 68373480/ 68363352
Fax: 68363351

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wa lau exactly my sentiments man fcp... hahaha.. young girl have pitty on this aunty la. i almost had to glue my eyeballs to the screen to read

Butter Pecan Candie said...

finally.....after i waited so long!!!