Saturday, March 05, 2005

Saturday Work

Which normal/happening/nice/sane person works on a Saturday? *gulp* I do! I work ½ days every Saturday and it's horrible. Not only do I get totally physically worked out but I am mentally drained as well. Just the thought of dragging myself to work on a Saturday totally ruins my whole weekend.

The super crowded and stinky (from numerous sweaty and hairy armpits) busses which I usually take are almost empty on Saturdays. The roads which are usually jammed during peak hours are as smooth flowing as my monthly irritating period. The wait for the lift at my office has amazingly been almost non-existent. As soon as I press the [up] button (That's another story there about lifts. Later then...), the lift goes "ding" and the lift is here. It zooms up 21 floors and I reach the 22nd floor in less than 5 seconds!

All the other offices on my floor are closed. They don't work on Saturdays. Nobody does. Except losers like a few of them who have last minute stuff to finish up and me. Don't get me wrong though... I'm not a loser. I'm just an overworked employee. *grin*

So anyway... here I am blogging away during working hours. Ha! Ha! Boss isn't in and I have absolutely no mood for work. So there!

No comments: