Monday, March 07, 2005

Ka Soh Restaurant

Another entry about food! *big grin* My friend Andrew's good friend Jeffrey is leaving Singapore for the up and coming China for work! So Shin and I met up with them for dinner at this place called "daughter-in-law". That's what it's called if it was literally translated from Cantonese.

The first dish was this fried pork that wasn't as crispy as roast pork but it still has a certain element of crisp in it which made it really unique. The taste wasn't too salty yet not bland. It was good. The waitress called it "Pai Kuat Wong" but it looks nothing like it. Second on the table was garlic-stir fried Kai Lan. I love garlic in every form except raw so I enjoyed this dish too. Third, it was this fried bean curd dish. It was ordinary so I'm not going to comment on it.

The last and signature dish of the restaurant is fish head beehoon soup. It was just... horrible! I don't like beehoon but I've tried many which are way better than this. Firstly, the beehoon was soggy. It was soft and yucky. Secondly, the soup tasted bland. It looked white but it tasted like soap water... not that I have tasted that before. Lastly, they were quite stingy with their servings of fish slices and vegetables in the beehoon soup.

Anyway... despite the lousy main course, the dinner was very good. Very yummy and very worth it. The place is known for its [cut-throat] prices but I think it was too good to be true. And I say this because Jeffrey treated us to dinner. Ha! Ha!

Swee Kee Fishhead Noodle House (Ka Soh)
96 Amoy Street, Singapore 069916.
Phone: 6224 9920

2 comments:

Butter Pecan Candie said...

nope nope nope...i dun like salad...but the doner chicken and ice cream, I WANT!!!!


KAKAKAKAKKA

Butter Pecan Candie said...

FIRST, i found ur blog DAMN interesting

but now, a bit boring leh!!!!!!!

ONLY FOOD

i'm not THAT great a food lover


bye bye

u lost 1 LOYAL supporter n commenter...