Thursday, November 24, 2005

Shampoo and Soap

What is the difference between Shampoo and Soap?

Someone very dear to me once asked me that question. I didn't know the answer so I started guessing:
  1. Shampoo creates more lather
  2. Shampoo is liquid whilst soap is solid
  3. Shampoo smells stronger than soap
  4. Shampoo is more expensive
  5. Shampoo is lighter than soap
  6. Soap falls straight into water whilst shampoo slowly sinks or dilutes
Those were some of the answers I gave but all were wrong. According to the person-who-is-very-dear-to-me, the difference is in its taste! I stared at him in disbelief. I couldn't understand or make sense of what I just heard. So this person nicely explains that Soap tastes sweet whilst Shampoo tastes bitter.

What the...

Yes, the person explains that whenever he bathes, he'd taste the shampoo or soap that he was using. He wouldn't eat it. He'd just taste it on his tongue and according to him, every soap has tasted sweet whilst soap bitter.

Hmm... amazing discovery. I learnt something new. Did you?

1 comment:

Butter Pecan Candie said...

didn't you know that?

i knew it from so long ago.

and, it's soap only tastes bitter
not soap tastes both sweet and bitter

and, i think it was pa

eh cool
u also got the word verification thingy liao

i hope u received my letter