Tuesday, November 22, 2005

courtship

I think the best part in a relationship is when someone is being woo-ed. It doesn't always have to be the boys going after the girls. I mean, I've expressed my feelings to a boy before so it works both ways. The initial "I like you", *smooches* and hugs are the best experience in the entire relationship. There is this feeling of nervousness yet pure bliss which is not something I can easily describe with words.

The reason I'm talking about this is because I read a friend's blog and she's very obviously deeply in love. The last I met her, she was single so this must be a developing relationship. You can tell from her words how intense and happy she must be. I share her joy. It's so lovely to see a young couple in love.

I still love my boyfriend but we've come to the stage where we're just a couple. Yeah, we still hug and kiss and whisper tender loving words but it's different. There just isn't any Oomph! if you know what I mean... We love and care for each other but the relationship has come to a point where it's almost platonic.

Neither side tries to please the other anymore. Neither side bothers if the other is hurt. It's like, I see him and I go "Hi Shin!" and just give him a peck on the cheek. It's not like when I used to see him and my heart would go aflutter and I'd rush over and give him a peck so lightly on the cheek but which is bursting with love and energy.

Why do these things change? Why do people change? I still love him lots. I do, but... why? I'm not the only one. I've seen many other couples who go through this transition as well. A lot of them even stop kissing (passionately, I mean) after some time. A lot of couples I know don't even hold hands in public. Why? I don't understand and I never will.

If I could have it, I'd treat each day as if it was the first day I met my boyfriend. I would always want the feeling of a hundred butterflies swimming in my stomach. I'd shiver and hold my fists so tight when he kissed me. I'd do this and a million more just to re-live that very one day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it happens to everyone even to the most loving couple in the world. the reason is simple - your everyday life is so much of a routine now, that you take one another for granted. try to do something out of the norm. take a long break, go skiing, go fishing, go bunjee jumping...whatever! hey, when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I hate to say this.. dump him early.. He's not your Mr. Right! Love comes when u will be completely swept off your feet. Every now or then u'll think of him, miss him. Everything u do, u want to do for/with him..