Monday, November 07, 2005

Long-Distance Relationship

My boyfriend Shin has gone back to KL, Malaysia. I am much saddened by it. KL is about 5-hours (car drive) away from Singapore. It's considerably near - just across the causeway. However, compared to when I could see him everyday... I can only hear him now. I can only talk to him by phone. There's the cheaper option of using Skype but in order for this to work, both parties need to be connected to the Internet and seated in front of the computer, which can be quite difficult. There's also the option of e-mails and MSN and these, again involve the computer.

In the daytime... both of us are busy. He's got some projects in Malaysia whilst I am an office employee and work from 8:30 a.m. - 6:15 p.m. The only time we can talk is after 6:15 p.m. (he finishes at 5:30 p.m.) but sometimes I meet up with friends and go rock climbing whilst he has many social plans of his own.

I know, it's not as tough as it sounds. My friend is dating someone living in Bangkok. I can always take a bus down to KL during the weekends to visit Shin but it's so tiring and draining to travel in a 5-hour journey that takes up to 6-7 if you travel by bus/coach. The busses always stop at a rest area for more than half an hour and that really lengthens the travelling time.

Anyway... I'm not about to give up on this relationship. Now now, not anytime soon but I must say it's not difficult. I used to think to myself - I could pull off a long-distance relationship. However, I'm stuck in one now and it's much easier said than done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear cuz,

Be strong and patient and have faith in him and in ur r/ship.

He loves u..u know that.

Ur love overcometh all...love endures and triumphs.

clem

Butter Pecan Candie said...

wah sei!!!!! clement ko reads ur blog but not mine!?

cheh

Yi said...

Okay, thanks for all your support. Don't worry, I'm still strong for now but don't know what the future brings lah...