Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My first SCUBA pool session

I went for my first scuba diving practical session today. It was held in the Outram Secondary School. There are altogether, 4 of us Open Water newbies. There's Khalil - the big macho guy, Zaidi - the joker, Linus - the energetic NS boy and myself. The scuba instructor is Dominic Chow. He's too skinny for a scuba diver and he's got tattoo all over. But he's quite cute. Don't you think so?


Scuba diving is not an intensive sport but divers are required to be fit so they don't die from exhaustion or the likes in the sea. My boyfriend had previously told me that there would be a physical test but I wasn't aware that it was going to be today! I have not exercised for 2 years and I am definitely not fit to swim 200 metres non-stop.

I managed to finished the 200 metres but was really tired from it. Right after we were all done, they made us tread water for 10 minutes. I was quite comfortable with it cause my Dad (thank you Pa!) trained us in treading water when I was very little. But Khalil and Zaidi had a really tough time.

We finished lessons at about 10:30pm and I got home close to midnight. As I am typing this, my arms are aching, my chest hurt, my legs are weak and my back is strained. Darn! Can someone give me a nice soothing massage?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm drooling... anymore picture of him?