Friday, March 21, 2008

Scuba Diving

That's not me in the picture

I've always wanted to take up scuba diving but fear kept me away. There are so many risks involved and as we all know, there's no gain without risks eh? My boyfriend is an avid scuba diver and he encouraged me to take up the sport. He even paid for my open water scuba diving certification. Thank you Shin!

There are many levels of certification. You will have to start with the Open Water Diver, which is what I'm taking. Then, followed by Advanced Open Water Diver, Emergency First Response, Rescue Diver, Master Scuba Diver, DiveMaster, Assistant Instructor and finally the Instructor Development Course. But that's not all. They also have specialized diving certifications. Please click here if you would like to read more.

The other reason that kept me from learning is that scuba diving is an expensive sport. For my open water certification, it costs my boyfriend S$495. Whoa! Enough for me to buy new shoes, bag, clothes, watch and lots of junk food! How many of you can scuba dive?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey gal, go for it!!! we can dive together one day once you gor your cert!!! me, andy, kenneth are all certified divers. Join us!

Anonymous said...

wow, din know you have interest on this. Good work!!
btw, was that really u in the pic?