Saturday, April 02, 2005

Ugly Present

Shin threw me a surprise birthday party today. It was really wonderful. My actual birth-date is in 3 days and we were supposed to go Wild Wild Wet so I wasn't in the least bit suspicious. I was pretty confused yet happy to see my cousins Cara, Calvin, Clement, Desmond, Derek, Jia Wen, Jia Jun/ sisters Ying and Niu and friends Jin Yao, Jin Huang, Marie-Anne, Robert, Ah Seng, David, Andrew, Josephine and Ching Ching etc.

I will go into more detail about the whole birthday experience. For now, I just want to put up the picture of a present I received from a so-called "good" friend. I guess you know who you are when you see the picture below. Seriously, I don't know what you were thinking when you bought me this gift. I mean, I don't expect anything expensive but I don't know what message you're trying to get across with your present.

Firstly, I am not Cina (I'm sorry, I don't know how to explain chee-na in English but I'll try. It's how you describe people who are very oriental in their ways. They like gold shiny and loud stuff. Something like that) Secondly, I know that I am very loving and all but I don't need to be reminded of it. Thirdly, what the hell am I going to do with your present? Hang it around my neck? For the curiosity of you readers, I've posted the pictures below. It is a wooden plague with golden shimmery wallpaper and it says Love in Chinese.

The ugliest and most useless present I have ever received in my entire life...


Ugly Present

...that came in the ugliest and cheapest wrapper anyone has ever used:


Ugly Present with Ugly Wrapper

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear cousin..
Lets not forget.. at the end of the day we are still chinese...

But don't go past the other gift your friend gave.... the cling wrap to keep your food fresh..

and we all know how much you love food right? The plague is just a decoy..

love ti

Butter Pecan Candie said...

it's the thought that counts...does he read ur blog? my...ur gonna hurt him a lot...don't care so much bout it lar...if u really dun like it, just say i hated one of my present (of course mine still the best lar...hahaha) or just throw away or something...but if he reads this post, i think he might cry to hell...