Thursday, April 07, 2005

Clumsy Day

Today is “clumsy” day for me. The day went smoothly until after work. I was to meet Shin at Newton Circus (a touristy eating joint (hawker centre to be precise) just minutes from Orchard Road) for dinner. I arrived early and ordered a cup of Sugar Cane juice. The drink lady placed it on the table and when I reached out for it, I spilt the whole cup. Only about 200ml was left. Luckily for me, a very nice old Chinese man (from China! He had that Chinese accent) cleared up the mess I created.

Right after we finished dinner, I decided to stack all the bowls and plates up to save the nice old Chinese man from extra work. Instead, I caused him more mess to clean up. I was trying to put the chilli dish into the bowl when I spilt it. Thanks to me, the table now has a bright red smear on its already sweetened sugar cane surface.

Shin felt like Chai Tow Ker (Fried Carrot Cake) so I went to get some. I was cleaning my wooden (disposable) chopsticks by rubbing the two pieces together when I broke it in half. *sigh*

I don’t know what happened to me tonight. It’s one of those days where I feel like a super giant alien living in an undersized human body. Fortunately, there were no more mishaps after that. I just hope these kind of “bad” days don’t happen to often.

I can’t remember but my father tells me that when I was young, I used to always break things. There was this coffee shop that we went to where I was so famous and good and breaking their porcelain that they eventually served me drinks in a plastic cup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes....regarding ur last paragraph....since when have u NEVER spilt a glass or something?

even at home....u ALWAYS spill and BREAK glasses and mugs and all that stuffs.....and i'm the one who has to help u clean cos u too lazy.....wah lau.....

Huang said...

Hahaha...this sounds like a scene from a slapstick comedy or something like that. Well, don't worry. A lot of people have that tendency too. As long as you don't have a tendency to hurt yourself, you should survive:)