Friday, August 21, 2009

Why, god? Why?

I was in the MRT, listening and playing games on my iPod on my way to work when a gentleman casually remarked "you playing games?" and I just responded "Yeah" and smiled at him. I think he was a middle-aged guy who looked rather charming and had a fit body. I continued playing my game when he started a casual talk.

"Are you going to work?"
"Yeah"
"Where do you work?"
"Oh at ..., opposite Lau Pa Sat"
"Oh, that's a nice building. I work at ..."
"What does your company do?"
"It's a fund management company"
"Perhaps we can meet for lunch one day" (passes me his business card)
"Oh ok~" (fake a smile)
"What's your name?"
"Yen"
"How long have you been working at ...?"
"3 years"
"You look very young"
"Well, it's just the look. I'm not that young. Well, see you around" (scurries off)

Perhaps you might think that this guy is really smooth but the weird thing is - I looked so shabby this morning! This was exactly how I looked (minus the headphones & iPod in hand):



Can I ask you Men - are you in the least bit attracted by the way I looked this morning?

5 comments:

Ken Teo said...

no la..he's trying to get you to invest your money....

Unknown said...

probably 'cos u dressed like a PRC chick and he likes that?

Yi said...

Ken: I didn't know you read my blog! You could be right. It says on his business card that he's from the Credit Department.
Wong: Come on, PRCs dress much skimpier.

Ken Teo said...

yes, yes, been following your blog for more than 1 year now, since you cut your hair for that charity thing....

he might be trying to get his hand into the company you're working for too....

but then again, i could be wrong, just be careful when MAN asks so many questions...

明用一凡  said...

Probably his taste suit him the most, who knows? hehhee....