Wednesday, August 05, 2009

a series of blur-dom

It usually takes 10-15 mins on a direct bus from where I live to my aunt's condominium but today, I boarded 3 different buses, walked quite a bit and the whole journey took almost an hour.

I was listening to my iPod when I saw bus 109 approaching so I retrieved my EZLink card from my bag and boarded the bus as soon as it reached the bus bay. I chose a seat near the TV to watch (and listen) with 1 ear while the other was still listening to my iPod. After a few turns, I looked out the window and realised that the route didn't look familiar. I walked toward the bus driver to ask him where the bus was headed when I saw a sign that said 105!

Knowing that I boarded the wrong bus - I immediately sounded the bus bell and got off at the next stop. Luckily, the bus had not gone very far and so I back tracked. After a 15-mins walk, I arrived at a bus stop and looked at the bus guide. There was a bus which was headed to my aunt's home and as soon as I saw it, I boarded bus 156. As I wasn't sure how long the bus ride would take, I took out my iPod and started playing games on it. After some time, I looked up and didn't recognise the roads. It looked like I was going in the wrong direction so I immediately pressed the bus bell and again, got off at the next bus stop.

So I looked at the bus guide at the bus stop and realised that I was on the correct bus! Because I had taken a wrong bus at first, that made me lose my bearings and I forgot where I was. In the end, I boarded bus 109 (which I was supposed to board at first) and arrived at my aunt's place late and hungry.

No comments: