Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Do insects that get sucked into vacuum cleaners stay inside or die?

Ants, Dust mites, Cockroaches, Fleas, Mosquitoes, Flies - don't you just hate them? Even if you have a sparkling clean room, they may just appear out of nowhere!

I bought a vacuum cleaner recently. I sucked some these damned parasites with my vacuum cleaner and I wondered if they would crawl out of the vacuum? Or if they would actually get horny in the dark and start multiplying?

The reason I ask is, there is a big hole where the vacuum cleaner is connected to the hose. The insects could crawl out from the hole. Especially cockroaches, I hate them!

I searched online and asked around but no one seemed to be able to give me an affirmative answer. So I decided to email Philips from whom I bought the vacuum cleaner and get an answer straight from the manufacturer.

A Philips representative called me and confirmed my worst fears - insects (especially cockroaches) that get sucked into vacuum cleaners do not die from the heat nor the power of the suction. His advise is to discard the dust bag and replace it with a new one.

So I hope I clarified the same question which might be on some of your minds.

No comments: