Saturday, June 28, 2008

Yakinikutei Ao-Chan

My boyfriend, sister and I went out to celebrate my aunt's belated birthday today. My boyfriend had earlier recommended this Japanese barbeque restaurant in Meridien Shopping Centre. He said that it was really good and so I suggested the place to my aunt and made reservations. After I did that, he tells me that the place isn't cheap. Dang! He told me to be prepared to spend about S$150 - 200 for 2-3 people.

The tables come fitted with a grill. See below pictures; one of them showing my boyfriend drooling at the delectable spread:


You have the option of ordering a la carte or set but I think that the a la carte is probably more worth it. Plus you can choose exactly what you want to eat. They serve mainly beef with choices of chicken and pork too but it seems that their specialty is beef. I tried and it's good. The plate that we ordered (see below, half eaten) costs S$55 before GST.



Don't worry if you can't cook because all you need to do is just turn the meats every once in awhile. Other times, you leave it on the grill. See it curl and cook and smell the sweet aroma of burnt meat - smells even better than your outdoor barbeque. It's all good and tender too. And even if you cook it just right, the meat comes out delicious with that slight burnt taste yet still retains its juiciness.

My boyfriend also ordered some side dishes. He got a bowl of Plum rice for himself and salad (tastes a little spicy and sour, like kimchi - which I didn't like) to share. Unfortunately, he had to finish it himself as none of us liked it. Boyfriend also ordered a bowl of edamame (green beans) for me. We shared but I ate most of it! *grin*



There were 4 of us for dinner that night. We ordered 1 mixed beef platter, 2 plates of chicken, a small plate of mixed pork, 3 bowls of rice, a salad, an edamame, a plate of corn, 2 glasses of soft drink and 2 green teas. The bill came up to S$139. (My sister insisted on paying half the bill as she wanted to treat my aunt too. Thanks sister, you're such a darling!) As I had mentioned, it wasn't cheap but I guess it's pretty worth it. I totally enjoyed myself. And here's a picture of my HAPPY sister to prove it:

Yakinikutei Ao-Chan
100 Orchard Road
#02-22/26 Hotel Meridien
Singapore 238840

Tel: 67356457

Opening Hours:
Monday to Friday: 12.15pm to 14.30pm & 6.00pm to 11.00pm
Saturday to Sunday: 3.00pm to 10.30pm
Public Holidays: 3.00pm to 10.30pm

No comments: