Saturday, June 28, 2008

Casio W93H

2 years ago, my boyfriend bought me a Tissot analog watch. I love it and I use it everyday. But I'm going diving next week and I'm afraid that the watch might (for whatever crazy reason) fall into the deep blue ocean. So I went to Burlington Square today to buy me a cheap watch.

I found one which was about the right size, is 50M water resistant and best of all, it only costs S$24.00! It was a quick buy so I didn't really take note of it's other features. It was only after I went home and played around with my new toy that I realised, it's a pretty darn good watch!


Main Setting
- display of "hour:minutes:seconds"
- display of day of the week and "month-day"
- can use either 12-hour or military time

Countdown Timer
- can countdown anywhere from 23:59:59 to 0:0:1
- 10 second alarm beep when it reaches 0:0:0
- while not counting down, it displays the time
- can beep at regular intervals (for times greater than 5 minutes, it beeps on every minute divisible by 5; for less than five minutes, it beeps on the minute; for under one minute, it beeps every ten seconds, and on each of the final five seconds)
- can automatically restart the timer (this can easily do Tabata intervals by having it countdown from 30s; after the first cycle, it will beep from 30s down to 20s, which is your rest time, and then you work from 20s to 0s, when it begins to beep and do the cycle again)

Stop Watch
- counts up from 0:0:0 to 23:59:59.9
- can start the timer on a five second delay, which gives you a beep for 3-2-1-0
- while not counting up, it displays the time
- can set the watch to begin a 10 second beep at a goal time; for example, if you want to run a 55s 400m, set the goal time to 45s, at it will begin to beep to let you know how hard to push it

Alarm
- an alarm can beep for 10 seconds, twice a day

Dual Time
- displays the time in another zone

Other Features
- light button which illuminates the display for 10 seconds
- option to make the light turn on when the watch is held parallel to the ground (in the normal fashion of checking a watch)

No comments: