Monday, October 17, 2005

Tiring Sleep

I went back to Malaysia over the weekend. I slept a lot but felt so lethargic. You'd think that one would feel fresh and re-charged after much sleeping but it's not true. I feel absolutely tired, sleepy and so restless! Here's my story:

I went back to KL on Friday night right after work. It is a 5-hour bus (coach) ride from the Singapore to KL bus station. I slept all the way except for the part where the bus stops at Ayer Hitam for a ½ an hour supper/ toilet break. As soon as I reached, my boyfriend Shin and best friend Lyn came to pick me up from the bus station. Immediately after at about 12:30 midnight, we went to have some fun.

We went to this club in town called Passion. It's pretty reasonable. There's no cover charge. One just pays & buys the 1st drink. We clubbed there for awhile... dancing and drinking only our 1st drinks. None of us felt like drinking last night so that was all we had.

At about 2:30+, we sent Lyn home. Then I went back to sleep. Slept all the way to about 10 a.m. the next day. Woke up with a heavy head. I didn't wanna wake up but I had to. I didn't want to sleep the weekend away. Went out for breakfast then my sister Niu cooked lunch.

Had a nice filling lunch. She can cook quite well, that girl. There was a stir-fried fish, fried chicken, vegetables, stir-fried chicken and white rice. My sister then drove us both back to my hometown Malacca (ahh... used to be known as "Sleepy Hollow" but has blossomed into a tourist attraction in recent years - very rich in historical wonders) in her Range Rover. Once again, I slept all the way. It's a 2-hour ride from KL to Malacca.

Once we got to Malacca, we just ate, slept and watched TV. It was raining pretty heavily every day so there's nothing much that we can do outdoors. Our little homemade pool was filled to the brim with rainwater.

On Sunday, I took a bus back from Malacca to Singapore. The journey takes about 3 hours by car but by bus it stretches to about 5 hours. Once again, I slept all the way. When I finally reach home in Serangoon... it was close to 11 p.m. I slept at around that time and woke up at 6:40 a.m. today. That's close to 8 hours' sleep!

Yet, I feel so sleepy/ tired/ lethargic/ restless. I wonder why.

No comments: