Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Symmetrical Me

Almost nothing natural in this world is symmetrical. Our face, eyes, ears are probably not on the exactly same spot. They are probably not the exactly same size either. However, I am a very symmetrical person.

I mean, I like wearing symmetrical clothes for example. I don't like shirts that have one sleeve short and the other long. I don't like shirts or dresses which is one-sided. It makes me feel that my other shoulder is very naked and exposed when the other is warmly covered.

However, I go to the extent of hurting myself sometimes just to be symmetrical. For example, if a mosquito bites me, I'll slap my own left leg to kill the mosquito. Then, I'll proceed to slap my right leg (probably not as hard, just to get a slapping feeling) too. I just feel that it's so imbalanced if I slap one side and not the other.

I get this symmetrical feeling the strongest especially when it comes to things like cutting my finger nails or digging my ear of wax. I'll definitely do it on both sides. Otherwise, I'll get this nagging feeling and it'll gnaw at me until I give up and actually do it to the other side of my body.

What about you? Do you do that too? Are you as weird or symmetrical yourself?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only 2 things almost symmetrical with me is i have 6 toes on both my feet and there are 2 moles almost at the same spot of both side of my shoulders..

am i an alien? :)

Anonymous said...

oopz.. that was me..

regards
Zac