Friday, December 12, 2008

A word spoken is past recalling

There's someone dear to me that I deeply care for whom I recently offered some advice. The person was not receptive to my gestures of concern & love and I was even dissed at. Harshly.

Yes, I've heard it before. To err is human; to forgive, divine. We all make mistakes. But sometimes there are so many things to say that are better left unsaid. I myself have had my share of dishing out vengeful, rude and insulting remarks and I continue to do so when I meet really nasty people. But then again, one man's meat is another man's poison so my interpretation of a meanie could be seen as a sweetie from another human... so what right have I to judge?

I find that as I grow, I become more reserved and speak less especially when it comes to dealing with difficult situations. Many a times, I want so badly to hurt, humiliate and torture the other person emotionally rather than physically because it would probably leave him/her traumatized for days. But I remind myself that life is short, that I should make the best out of it and if possible, make this world a better place. I may be one person doing good but a little makes a mickle.

Or perhaps I'm just growing to be a softie!

3 comments:

Butter Pecan Candie said...

i know that someone is me lar....
ish

Irene said...

errrmm... ur growing wiser, mature de loh... hehe!

suppacow said...

oh is that someone ying? well, u are older + wise + softer... xxox