Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bak Kee Tng

This is my favourite food and it's Hokkien too, like me! If you visit Malacca - you simply have to try this. It's one-of-a-kind and so good.



The soup tastes herbal but I can't put a finger to what ingredients (mixture of garlic, star anise, cinnamon sticks and dunno what else) they use. As you can see, there's generous servings of pork and tauhu.

The rice is cooked with yam, fried shallots and it tastes so good - even on its own. It goes perfectly well with the soup. I tried white rice when I was younger - yucks!



The rice is stored in this clay jar. Wonder if it has any effect in making it tastes or smell better...

This place is definitely NOT halal. They serve various parts of the pig - there's liver, intestines, fatty meat, lean meat etc.

Bak Kee Tng
11 Jalan Kampung Pantai,
Malacca, Malaysia.

Business Hours: 7:00am - 2:00pm, 6:00pm - 10:00pm (Closed on Wednesday)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is bah kut teh?

suppacow said...

oh my goodness... i remember this!

Yi said...

Esjay: It's similar to Bak Kut Teh but it tastes different and they use lean pork instead of pork ribs.
Chit: Too bad you can't eat it anymore.